Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

6 month old dishwasher has burning smell during dry cycle

This dishwasher is in a second home and is used very seldom. Nothing has gotten on to the coil and it worked without trouble the first 5 or 10 times. Any suggestions? I'm afraid it could start a fire and have only used it without the heated drying option.
Hi, thanks for using It is possible that the timer is allowing the heater to remain on for too long. There is a saftey thermostat that should prevent a dangerous situation, but I would definitely try to find out what is going on. May I please have the model number?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

24" Built-In
This machine uses an electronic control. If the heater is indeed staying on too long, the control is to blame. Has any damage been done to any dishes or discoloration of the tub? How old is this dishwasher?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No discoloration or damage of appliance or dishes. I've been home to stop it both times its happened. The unit is approximately 6 months old.
I would highly recommend calling for warranty service. You will not have to pay for ANYTHING under the one year warranty. You will need a clamp on amp meter to see if the heater is on and also will need to be able to read the time chart which can be very confusing, even for technicians. I really suspect the control is to blame.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok. My only concern is with scheduling since we are only here a short while at a time, but it doesn't sound like something I can fix myself. Do you have a # XXXXX call?
Sure...the number for Frigidaire is(NNN) NNN-NNNNor I have provided a link to locate a servicer in your area that you can contact directly. That may be a little less hassle than dealing with an 800# XXXXX from my experience anyway!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your help.
You are welcome. Sorry this was not a real straight forward problem we could take care of tonight. The Warranty Service Provider will take good care of you.