Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

hi, I have a frigidaire side by side refrigerator that is 5

hi, I have a frigidaire side by side refrigerator that is 5 yrs old and the run capcitor has burned out 3 times this summer. I replaced it but the same problem recurrs. What are some of the other sources of this problem? Model no. FRS26F4CB0.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 8 years ago.

Hi ,amperage draw could cause the relay/overload capacitor to burn out,should be around 1 amp,much higher than that and you may need the compressor replaced

Thx Randy

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what determines amperage draw ? Is it an internal part or from the voltage of the house ? There have been several power outages at the residence with surges. Should the refrigerator be on a surge protector? Thanks again.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 8 years ago.
Both,the compressor or any fan could have internal parts (bearing,Piston)that wear and increase amperage ,but putting a surge protector on couldnt hurt,its a bit unusual the capacitor doesnt normally go,but any protection you put on could only help