Robert Marcum
Robert Marcum, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Lowes home improvement / Appliance Service Technician Certification program
13909032

I have a whirlpool DUET washing machine (approx. 3 years

I have a whirlpool "DUET" washing machine (approx. 3 years old ). The "control locked " light stays on and NOTHING else is working. The front load door opens, but the washing machine won't work at all! HELP!!!!!   & nbsp;                                     Thanks, Jackie
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert Marcum replied 8 years ago.
take the top of the washer off via 3 screws on the top back. (same 5 star heads) After you get the top off you'll see the CCU (Central Control Unit) It will have many wires with plugs on the end of them that plug into the CCU. This is were all the switches and front LED assembly are kept. There is 3 plugs on the Left side. Not front left but around the side on the left. The middle one which controls the Front LED and Front Control needs to be unplugged for about 2 seconds or more, with the power cord UNPLUGGED. Plug the Plug back in then put the power cord back into the wall socket. All should be well.