GregoryA
GregoryA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years experience, factory authorized and trained technician top-rated, excellent communicator

I am fighting with the waterfilter on a frigidaire ref. FRS26LH5DW4.

I am fighting with the waterfilter on a frigidaire ref. FRS26LH5DW4. I have the right filer, I purchased an o-ring as I was told that I need that (was not there before) but the water comes out on top....Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  GregoryA replied 5 years ago.
There are "press fit" connections behind that filter recepticle, sometimes all you need to do is re-seat the line. If that's the "slide in" style filter, I've seen this many times before.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

That's not it... the water runs fine for a little while, but then it makes a sound like air is getting in and then it runs out. hope that makes sense..

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had checked this.. the water is filling up in the bottom and the running over...
Expert:  GregoryA replied 5 years ago.
Are you sure that you haven't "doubled up" your o-rings? They should already have been on the end of the cartridge assembly. I;ve not had to replace them before. I have seen that assembly that the filter snaps into break- With the filter out, look at the manifold where it snaps into, and operate that "thumb button" that releases the filter. You should see what almost looks like "jaws" that spread open when you press the button. Is that working?

Expert:  GregoryA replied 5 years ago.
Hold on, sorry... I thought you had the "press-in" filter. Your model has the screw-in cartridge. If you take off the cover above, it will expose the manifold, which has the same kind of "press fit" lines. Look at this picture:

http://www.imagelocker.net/ARS/frs26image.jpg

Look at #140, your leak is probably there...graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the picture. No, I had a friend look at it and he said the leak doesn't come from the top. He took that cover off..the leak comes from the water filling in the bottom of the filter cover and then running out on top...

When I first bought the filter it, I just bought the filter and it did the same thing. I went to Lowes asked whether I had the right filter which I have, then they told me to buy an o ring for the cover, telling me I threw mine out (I didn't.. I swear there was none) and I ordered the o ring of the website.. Whether I have that o rign on there or not, the problem stays the same. It is very frustrating as I am sure it is a very simple thing and I am just a ding dong. I appreciate your help... do u have another idea?

Expert:  GregoryA replied 5 years ago.
Well, I have seen in some instances where the cup (cover) has cracked from freezing. Sometimes this happens. Why did you replace this filter to begin with may I ask? Just normal maintinence or was there an issue getting water?

You sure you are putting the cartridge in properly?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
just normal maintenance...
Expert:  GregoryA replied 5 years ago.
Without being there, it is hard to tell you what the issue is. Did you cross-thread the cup? With the cover off, you should be able to examine the assembly and see where the water is coming out from.
GregoryA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years experience, factory authorized and trained technician top-rated, excellent communicator
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I thank U for your time... I will call the tech to come out...

Have a great Christmas.