Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17years

my maytag neptune washer is giving me an error code ds or d5

Customer Question

my maytag neptune washer is giving me an error code ds or d5 on the digital pad. what might the problem be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Brian replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Welcome to Just Answer.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

D5 means that the washer thinks that the door is open while the washer was running. If the door was not open, you will need to test the lid switch and striker and replace as necessary.

If you need further help or clarification on this answer, please do not hesitate to reply to this post.

Thanks for asking your question at Just Answer.

Best of Luck, Brian

Please leave feedback at your convenience.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do i test the lid switch and striker? also my washer is a front loader
Expert:  Brian replied 5 years ago.
Can you please supply the model number?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
mah8700aww
Expert:  Brian replied 5 years ago.
Customer

Verify that a small button on the inside edge where the door closes, is not broken off. If it has you will only see a hole where the button was. You will need to replace the lid switch if this is the case. Click here to learn more about testing the switch.

Best of Luck, Brian

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when i go too close the door on my front loader it wont close. it seems the door latch is in the lock position but the door is open. how do i get the latch to unlock?
Expert:  Brian replied 5 years ago.
Customer

Pull out the dispenser drawer by pushing down on the tab and removing the drawer; there is a cord you can manually pull to unlock the door lock. This works for the models that have the drawer on top.

For models that have the drawer in the front, unfortunately, these models do not have a manual unlock. Your problem is probably a faulty lid lock/ interlock and I wouldn't try to force the door lock since this can do damage, best thing to do is call a qualified service technician to come and release the lid; I believe the front or top cover has to be removed to access the latch.

Best of Luck, Brian