GregoryA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years experience, factory authorized and trained technician top-rated, excellent communicator

my refrigerator is a maytag, model # XXXXX s/n 10417114en.

my refrigerator is a maytag, model # XXXXX s/n 10417114en. The motor is working but it is not cooling. What could possibly be causing this problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  GregoryA replied 7 years ago.
Can you be a little more specific here?

Is there any sort of cooling whatsoever in the freezer section? If so, can you see if there is any frost built up on the back wall of the freezer?

Standing by for your response.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
there is no frost build up and the freezer section has completely defrosted, no cooling whatsoever. the refrigerator section is also not cooling
Expert:  GregoryA replied 7 years ago.
Ok, what we need t know is if the compressor is actually running. Oftentimes when the customer hears the freezer/evaporator fan going, the say "The unit is running"

If you wish to try to figure out if the compressor is runing, you need to be able to get to the back of the refrigerator, and removed the cardbord or tin cover that is on the lower rear. You want to see if the condenser fan is operating, and also if the compressor is running.
If you can hear a slight "HUM" followed by a clicking sound, then something has gone wrong with either the start system (Relay/Capacitor/Overload) or the compressor has a locked rotor.
Be aware, that your unit may still be under warranty from Maytag if it is less than 5.

I am standing by if you have more questions.

If you found my info useful, please accept my answer?