I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

The door latch on my kitchen aid dishwasher is locked with

The door latch on my kitchen aid dishwasher is locked with the door in the open position and will not let the door shut.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Please send me the complete model number as shown on the sticker inside the dish washer wall or door jam.
Waiting your response
Ican
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
kuds03ctbl3
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to Just Answer.
My name is Ican & I am happy to assist you.

On the model kuds03ctbl3,
Try this prosedure, go to the breaker or
fuse box and turn the power to the dish washer off for five minutes.
This will reset the system if there is an electronic glitch in your system.
If this does not open the lock and or trigger the sensor to allow the opening the lock mechanism, this we know there is a fault some where in the latch mechanism.
Then this means replacing you need to have the latch system replaced.
The only other thing it may be is the control board faulting. But this can be determined by a hands on tech doing a diagnostic check to isolate the part s defects.

Let me know how it goes!

Please press the "Accept" button if my answer has helped.
This is the only way I get paid for providing my services.
You can still ask me questions after accepting!
Don't forget to leave feedback - bonuses are also welcome and appreciated!!!

100% customer satisfaction is my goal!!!

Thank you for using Just Answer.
Sincerely, Ican
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the assistance. This situation was not the fault of the dishwasher. It was mine. The latch did not appear to be latching all the way when the dishwasher door was closing and I stuck a knife in to see if it was moving freely - it was and it snapped into the locked position. I thought because the dishwasher easily opens when it is latched it should be as easy as prying it back open - it oviously isn't. Anyway I will get a service tech out here to look at it. My stupidity on this. Thanks for your help.