Robert Marcum
Robert Marcum, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Lowes home improvement / Appliance Service Technician Certification program
13909032

how do you balance a kenmore dryer drum

Customer Question

how do you balance a kenmore dryer drum?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert Marcum replied 5 years ago.
Why do you feel you need to balance the drum? What are the symptoms?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it makes a k-thump noise when it is on..i have the back&top off nothing is broken..but the drum wiggles a whole lot
There are a few main things to check starting off, you may have already checked, but I want to make sure this has been convered before we move any further.

make sure nothing is pressing on the outer sides of the dryer. there is not a lot of clearance between the drum and side wall I`ve seen this make a lot of noise before. Next and probably most common is the squirrel cage blower will break and make noise. next check the drum rollers . these are the only things that will make noise
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

how do i check the drum roolers? i can see that the entire drum is out of balance..how do you fix it?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

do you have the dryer diagram...so i can see where yuo are talking about? the dryer has plenty of clearance..the blower is spinning fine..dont know where the drum rollers are located nor do i know where to locate them

More Than Likely The Drum Mount Is Broke In The Back. This Is Common On These Machines. Grab Ahold Of One Edge Of The Drum As You Rotate It To Several Different Positions. If The Drum Mount Is Broke It Will Move To The Side In One Position But Not In The Other. The Drum Is Mounted On A Bracket On 3 Locations.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I FIXED IT ON MY OWN,,,thanks
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX advice helped you some.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

This info in no way, shape or form helped me fix my problem at ALL!