Michael R
Michael R, Mechanic
Experience:  working for 31 years in the field, all makes all models
10974363

My Whirlpool Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus Washing machine

My Whirlpool Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus Washing machine LSC8244EQ1 inner "rotor" (the big white plastic piece) is skipping, or even not turning at all, as if it was slipping? I have a feeling the catching "pins" or something like that is not grabbing the rotating arbor any longer...I would like to know if I can get away with just getting small parts, and fixing myself, or if I have to get the whole inner "rotor" part? Also, I need to find out where I can get the detailed parts list, as well as instruction on how to take out the inner "rotor" to fix it, and put it back together.

graphicDrive (motor) Coupling may be broken. Many Whirlpool/Kenmore brands washing machines utilize a small, relatively inexpensive direct drive motor coupling. It's plastic and rubber and is mounted to the shaft of the motor on one side, and to the transmission on the other.

It can wear out over time or fail under overloading conditions. This protects your transmission from being destroyed...............Michael

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you Michael, that might very well be the problem...
Your answer while helpful, is a bit "short" in substance...
Now, all the other parts of my question:
Most importantly, how do I access it, how to indeed DO THE REPAIR?
What's the P/N of what I need, if it is indeed the "lovejoy" like item I need, etc...
Can you let me know which tech data sheet shows the whole assy from the motor to the "inner" plastic rotor? (where to get it, link?)
Please let me know,
Thanks
This graphicis the drive link, Take the front face plate off, and remove the back for access, this is the item you are looking for,,,,,,,
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Can you please email me separate pdf or other of what pic you just sent me, because I cannot see anything...?
Is this what shows the P/N of what I will need?
Where do I get small parts like that?
Please let me know, Thanks
Sincerely,
Happy Thanksgiving :)
Hi, this is the assy, the parts to replace are number 13 on the diagram just click on the link to set up purchase.......
Item 13 in the diagram
Easy Part #:EAP1485646
Compare At:$14.57
Your Price:$12.14
You save:$2.43
Availability:In Stock
graphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hello there,

I am in the middle of dinner.
I just checked my washer and there is no front pannel...? There is a u shaped wrap around front pannel.
Am I to just deal with the back pannel then to access the broken part?
Please let me know,
Thanks

CB
graphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am going to accept at this time so that you can get paid.
I need to go right now.
Is there an email I can reach you at in the near future should I hit a hurtle in my endeavor?
Please let me know,
Thanks

Christopher [email protected](NNN) NNN-NNNN
After you accept, I will receive my payment, however we can still work togeather on this problem after the accept..................Michael
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
How about if I get off the internet (turn off) and I deal with this in a couple of days?
If you are timed out I will contact you on Monday if you like, or Sunday night?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok, say Saturday afternoon I will look into it.
Thanks
I'll talk to you then. Michael