Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

I have a front loading kenmore (Frigidaire) washer, model 417-43142200.

I have a front loading kenmore (Frigidaire) washer, model 417-43142200. It acted as though it was trying to leave my house during its final spin cycle. I opened the back of the machine and saw a broken shock absorber, and I replaced the pair of them thinking this was the problem. Apparenty this was only a sympton as the machine is still behaving badly, same as before. Can you suggest what is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

These machines have had some problems with the spyder attachment on the washer tub that corodes badly.

You can check this from inside the tub. Push from the inside outwards to see if you have additonal play. Turn the tub 1/3 and try pushing again. Repeat once more.

If you find an area that has considerably more play than another then, the spyder assembly has corroded badly and detached from the tub. You will need to purchase an entire new tub to fix this. You may wish instead to purchase a new machine which could run almost same money.