Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17years
6457309

My Asko dishwasher is not draining, theres water sitting in

My Asko dishwasher is not draining, there's water sitting in the bottom of the dishwasher when the cycle completes. What's the problem???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Brian replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Welcome to Just Answer.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

If the water is not draining from your dishwasher, verify the following:

Verify that there is not a clog in the drain hose or air gap. This is typically the reason that a dishwasher won't drain and the clog is usually where the drain hose attaches to the garbage disposal or sink drain pipe. Remove the hose and clear any clogs, then reinstall.

Verify that water from the sink drain is not making it's way into the dishwasher. I would recommend creating a high loop in the dishwasher drain pipe, which is attached to the sink drain, under the sink. The high loop can be fastened to underneath the countertop. This will prevent any water from entering the dishwasher from the sink; it also prevents the dishwasher drain water from making it's way back into the dishwasher.

graphic

Verify that the pumps drain impeller is working. You can reach the impeller from inside the dishwasher after removing the lower rack, spray arm, and arm support. This typically involves removing a few screws. Once upper parts are removed, inspect the drain impeller, which pushes the water toward the drain port, for any cracks or missing blades. If the impeller is defective, the water will not drain properly and you would need to replace it.

Verify that the drain valve is working; many are controlled with an electric solenoid that opens the valve, sending the water to the drain. There is a chance that the solenoid or the diverting lever could be stuck which would prevent the water to drain. If so, try to free up the solenoid and lubricate the lever. Otherwise the solenoid or pump assembly may have to be replaced.

Verify that the motor is turning/ working and verify that there is power to the motor. If the motor hums but doesn't turn, it may need to be replaced. Motors can get stuck if not used regularly. If the motor is defective, the water will not drain and you would need to replace it.

There are ways to test the pump and motor with a multimeter. If you are not comfortable with doing this, you may want to have a technician test it for you.

If you need further help or clarification on this answer, please do not hesitate to reply to this post.

Thanks for asking your question at Just Answer.

Best of Luck, Brian

Please leave feedback at your convenience.

Brian, Architect
Experience: Licensed Architect- 17years