Edward, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Small and large Appliance Technician, Electronic Tech., Handyman, 40+ years ex

My Jenn Aire Gas Stoves Electric Starters will not stop popping!

My Jenn Aire Gas Stoves Electric Starters will not stop popping! It has been going on for a couple of hours now. I cleaned my stove as I always do and it started a little bit after that. If I have the burners on high enough it stops but low or off and they keep on popping and sparking. Help!

Hello Customer,

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. This is a common problem that happens after cleaning a range or if a pot boils over. Moisture will cause this problem. Use a hair dryer and blow the air over the area and the popping will stop.

Blow hot air on the knob. Hopefully this will stop the problem. If the controls get any moisture in them they will click constantly when they are turned off. Please do not accept unless this corrects the problem.