Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .

I have a GE Water Dispenser model #GXCF05D and it is no longer

Customer Question

I have a GE Water Dispenser model #GXCF05D and it is no longer heating water. The cold water dispenser does work, but there is no hot water (it comes out room temperature). I removed the back panel and everything appears normal. I also unplugged the unit and turned off the hot/cold "switches" on the back of the unit to reset it. Still, no luck? Is there a fuze somewhere in the unit which might need to be replaced? Any other ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

these water dispensers has thermal overloads in the heater section.

these are the two black parts which are screwed on the metal cylindrical container.

it has two wires on terminal clips.

unplug the unit and test these thermal overloads for continuity. they should both have continuity. if one is open or both are open, replace them.

the end of these thermal overload would be the heating element. test this also for resistance. it should have a small resistance and should have no resistance with respect to ground.

tnx 4 using Just Answer,