Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool Heavy Duty home washing machine. The spin

I have a Whirlpool Heavy Duty home washing machine. The spin cycle has stopped working. The motor hums - sounds like a gear is stripped - but the drum does not spin.   Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you probably need a motor coupling. this drains right? can you give me model #? I will check for you . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Model # XXXXX
Ser # XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
this is your motor coupling, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=you didnt mention whether it drains.does it? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
<p>Yes it does drain.</p><p> </p><p>Is this a repair I can do at home as I am handy with tools or does ir need a service call?</p>
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes you probably can, I'm having dinner when I'm done I'll be back, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok thanks.... have a good dinner!
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok I'm back , to install this part you need to remove the cabinet.I'm downloading diagrams for you to look at, cabinet diagram, DANGEROUS URL REMOVED%2flis_png%2fPLDM%2fO2029729-00001.png control panel. DANGEROUS URL REMOVED%2flis_png%2fPLDM%2fO2029729-00002.png take a look at these you need to remove screws # XXXXX on this diagram. and then lift the head forward and up and let it tip back. then on the other diagram parts #6 on each side gold pieces take a screw driver and pry these out , stick screw driver down and pry towards back, unplug the door switch and tip[ entire cabinet forward and slide it out from under front, let me know when you get cabinet off.Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
<p>The website removed the diagrams calling them "dangerous URLs removed". Can you email them to me? <a href="mailtoXXX@XXXXXX.XXX">XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX</a></p><p> </p><p> </p>
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok... one came through, the one that shows the clips (part6)> Am I taking off the ENTIRE cabinet - lifting it off and over the motor and tub?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
just tip cabinet forward and slide it out. I have to get in the shower and get ready for bed gotta get up at 5am. when you get the cabinet off you will see the pump and motor aseembly, remove the clips and pump then remove the screws and clips on motor and the wire plud and the motor will come out then you will see the coupling , one have goes on the motor and the other the transmission and the rubber piece goes in between, then put it back together in reverse, let me know I'll check in morning, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok... thanks...
I won't be able to get the parts until next weekend so I have to wait. Thanks for your help and I'll get back to you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
okay thank you , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.