Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a Frigidaire front loader was LTF2140E1

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
what seems to be the trouble with this?let me know and I'll see if I can help , thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

We have a Frigidaire front loader washer LTF2140ES1

The washer will not go into a high speed spin during normal cycle. There is an error code of E43 (Replace control module) I can go into the diag mode and the washer does the high speed spin 50 rpms I have replaced the motor control, motor and main control but still have the same problem. Put the old modules back in same resolute. Not sure if the replacement module were good. check the same error code with the new control modules installed.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
you may want to check your drain pump. is ths draining completly? also is the door lock light on? open door and spin tub by hand and see if you hear water splashing in tub. these have to be completely empty to spin, also where did you buy the motor control? was it new? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan,

I ordered the motor and motor control module from PartSelect the main control module from Marone

When the spin cycle starts it sounds like the pump is working but the tub spin real slow about 3 RPM then it stops. The door latch is working because the door will not open. The pump is the only item that has not been replaced. We had a Frigidaire technicain look at it and he could find the problem. $95.00 later I still have the same problem. I am open to suggestions. Doug

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
he charged you $95.00 and didnt fix it? take the hoses off pump and check for obstuctions, make sure its draining completely. check all the hoses also ,from the yub to the drain, if you had a service man look at this and he couldnt find problem its hard for me to do on line as you probably know.there may be a problem with the door switch still even though it locks it still has a microswitch that sends a signal to board, check these things thats all I can think of at this time.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is there a way to bypass the microswitch to test if that the problem.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
this is the switch . but to be honest i dont know what is suppose to be open and what is suppose to be closed at certian time of operation. i could figure it out if I was there but really dont know how to tell you to do it,( If i were you I would call the company that was there before and make them come back out and fix it). there are allot of wires on this switch and without being there I can not tell you what goes to what. sorry thats about as far as I can go.,BryanPart(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
one more thing that could be a problem here is the water level control may not be sensing the tub is empty. I've got to go out for awhile so i wont be on much tonight, thanks Bryan