Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

frigidaire gallery series side by side freezer refrigerator

frigidaire gallery series side by side freezer refrigerator ice maker not working.   removed actuator valve bottom left side on back of fridge no visual evididence of damage could this be an electrical problem and if so how do i fix it
can you do me a favor. first is the ice maker itself turning? if not can you take the cover off the front of ice maker and look at the center of the gear and see if one of the little plastic tabs is broken. also check where the water goes into ice maker and make sure the tube or the cup is not frozen, and also can you give me model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes icemaker is turning but no water is making it to the ice maker. lines are not frozen or clogged in any way
ok you probably have a bad water valve. do you hear water valve buzzing like its trying to put water in? can you get me model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
model # XXXXX
this shoul be your valve, Part 359I see these go allot. you can hook up a cord to this if you have a couple of 1/4" conectors you can put on an old lamp cord or something and put then on the side that goes to ice maker and plug it in and see if water comes through, if not you need to replace valve. Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thats the valve ill make sure its not an electrical problem and go from there. thanks. ill definetly contact you again if i have any other problems.