Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a Amana DLW330RAW washer that has suddenly started

We have a Amana DLW330RAW washer that has suddenly started to sound like it's going "take off" in the spin cycle. It's almost like it's spinning too fast. It seems to be functioning OK, but I'm worried it's going to breakdown, as this noise is highly unusual.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
does this sound like a jet plane? really roaring? if it does most likely your spin bearing is going, this is the bearing assembly , Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is a big job to replace. you may want to call for service on this. let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes - is there a Amana hotline number or some such thing so I can try and find out who best to work on it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
give me a bit I'll try to find that for you, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
click here and put in your zip code and it should bring up servicer in your area. hope this helps, please press accept if your happy with reply, thanks Bryan, link http://www.servicebench.com/servlet/WebSideServlet?Request_Id=APPWhirlpoolDealerLocateBrandedGoto&Request_Server=servicebenchpublic&Request_Brand=L1&Request_ReadUrl=Y