Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello, I have a whirlpool 465, approx 7 years old, very good

Hello, I have a whirlpool 465, approx 7 years old, very good shape. I turned on a burner and heard poping and cracking in the control panel, then a small puff of smoke, burner did get hot. I turned it off. Proceded to cook on another burner. No problems there.
sounds like you have a problem with the infinate switch, can you get me model # ? I will look this up for you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

click here to see parts for your oven, is it a small burner or large that had the problem? click here let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its a large burner, is this a fire hazard?
well I dont believe so but dont use it , are you going to replace this yourself? Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I checked out the part site you sent. Thank you. Yes, I'll try to replace this myself. I guess once I get the cover off I'll see which part to order. Yes the power is off at the breaker, I will also unplug the unit. I wonder if this is the begining of problems. Would one be better off to replace parts or get another one?
well the only thing I recomend if you replace this yourself is do it one wire at a time so you dont get them on wrong, this is the one you need for large burner. click here, it's cheaper than a new oven, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks again.
your very welcome, happy hollidays, thanks Bryan