Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, Frigidaire front load,6 cycle, extra large cap., washer

Hi, Frigidaire front load,6 cycle, extra large cap., washer has quit it's wash and spin cycles. I've noticed a circuit board inside, ser.#277647, frididaire#134068400, and also have located a motor model #205850.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the first thing you want to check ins the lid switch . can you get me model # XXXXX machine? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry for the delay, first snowfall here! The model # XXXXX and serial #XC3181405. All other functions such as fill,drain and the timer seem to be working, just no spin or agitate functions. Checked the plug on the door and visually checked the outer of the door switch seem ok to me?.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
is the door locking? make sure your door strike shown here isnt broken also. let me know Bryan,Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the door does lock and the red indicator light comes on.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you may have a bad motor control board, this is control board its around $120.00 , you may want to buy the service manual and check machine beforePart(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= ordering control board. click here to see parts and manual,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I wonder, if I took the motor out and had it checked at a local shop here, this would tell us the problem. board or motor, yes?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
if you have a local shop it couldnt hurt if they can test it but these machines are complicated and the motors are variable speed i'm not sure. let me know if they can, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will let you know as soon as there is a response from the test. I'm just outside Toronto Ont., so I'm sure I can find a dealer. Just didn't want to go in blind. Thanks very much for your time. Do I respond to a1speedyappliance?