Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a maytag performa dryer that is only about 2 years old.

I have a maytag performa dryer that is only about 2 years old. After having it fixed last year it continues to, what I call, overheat and shut off. The "more dry" cycle runs until turning off but nothing is dry and on the timed dry is shuts off mid way through. All vents have been thoroughly cleaned. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you get me model # ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok there could be a number of different reasons for this, 1 you may ahve a bad thermostat, there are three in this, but I think it would be this one from what your saying. Part 487706the other thing is your timer could be bad. what did they do last year to fix? and did it run ok after they fixed it? also take the vent hose off and run dryer to see how hard its blowing air out, these blowers are known to strip on shaft and slip not blowing air out enough. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I want to say that they changed out the thermastat and the part that acknowlegdes it being too hot and makes it shut off. It seemed to work for a while and being that everyday life is so hectic I continued to just run the dryer 3 different times to dry a load. It definitely seems to be blowing air out enough. Question: If the vent was clogged after replacing those parts last year, could they go bad again after a while due to the clog? The repairman never checked the vent and when I checked it the other day and thoroughly cleaned it all the way through there were places blocked by heavy lint.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes it can ruin new part, do you know which thermosat they replaced? is it the one i showed you or is it this one. Part 1422let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm not sure which one he changed out. I will try to locate my invoice and get back with you. Thank you very much for your help so far.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no problem, Ill be in and out today but check often, just let me know, thanks Bryan