Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

maytag fridge 7 years old has power but no cooling. There is

Customer Question

maytag fridge 7 years old has power but no cooling. There is a click and compressor starts for 5 seconds then stops. within minutes it goes through same cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
sounds like you have a bad compressor relay or your compressor is going bad. can you give me model # ? I will look up parts for you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
maytag performa model PTB1952GR

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
they show three different relays that go to this compressor.take a look at these and see if you can look at your compressor relay and see if you can see which one you have in yours that would help, also they show an extra letter at the end of your model # XXXXX a q or a w can you see if yours has one of these letters. thanks Bryan, link to parts,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There is a W at end of model number(PTB1952GRW) Also is the relay attached directly to compressor..Also there is a small black connection box(2 1/2 X 1 1/2 inches by 1 inch thick) two electrical wire connections which two wires lead back to wire box directly mounted on compressor.
I hope I have not totally confused the issue

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this should be you relay if the box looks like this. the relay is under the box. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=try canging this if the compressor does the same thing after changing your compessor is bad, thats allot of money to replace and you cant do that yourself, hope this helps Bryan, heres where you can get the relay,
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thats where the relay is , under that box.