I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances

PSH Error Code On A Whirlpool Gas Range.

What does PSH error mean on a Whirlpool gas range? I recently moved into a new apartment with a new Whirlpool gas range and no directions on how to use the oven which is operated by a touch screen. The error comes after the temperature is set and what is 'lock' meant for?

Welcome to JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you. I need a little more info.

What is the model number?
You can find the complete model and serial number in the door jam of the storage drawer at the bottom, right or left side.

You will have to get down on the floor to read it. I will get you the user guide also.

Waiting your response.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I.Can--Thank you for your response. The model # is: SF114PXSQ2; the serial # Is: VEWo604508.

Here is the answer to your PSH question
The START pad begins any oven function. If the START pad is not pressed within 5 seconds after pressing a function pad, the 'Push to Start' (PSH) indicator light will flash and the push to start tone will sound as a reminder.

If the START pad is not pressed within one minute after pressing a function pad, the oven display will return to the time of day mode and the programmed function will be canceled.

The ControL lock
The ControL lock function blocks the control panel pads to avoid unintended use of cook functions.

When the control is locked, only the CLOCK set, OVENLIGHT and TIMER pads will function. To Lock/Unlock Control: Before locking, make sure the cook functions are off. Press and hold START for 3 seconds and 'Lock' will appear on the display. Repeat to unlock. 'Lock' will disappear from the display.

The site below has the user guide for your range

Let me know how it goes.