Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My GE Nautilus dish washer wont start. Theres some water

My GE Nautilus dish washer won't start. There's some water at the basin. Any ideas how I can trouble shoot?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
are the lights lighting up at all? can you give me model # ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

No lights working. I checked the circuit breaker and everything was operating correctly.

Model Number is XXXXX

Serial Number GH871326B

I just removed the plastic course filter and found some glass shards. I checked the shredder to find out if it was jammed, it moves freely.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
shut the power off at breaker and and pull the front bottom kick panel off and check the wiring at the juntion box on the right side heres a picture of it Part 270744 take the 1/4" screw out and remove the wire nuts the wires are soldered at the factory and they dont make a good connection and after awhile the d/w will stop working, strip the wires on d/w back to clean copper and see if it runs then. if not you may have a bad door switch or a bad control board, let me know ,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I followed your instruction. The copper wires appeared clean, I stripped them anyway. After connecting the wire, I found out that there's no power going to the wires at the junction box. What else do you recommend?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well you have an electrical problem going to machine . you have to find out if you have a bad breaker, did you flip breaker all the way back to off and then back on? if you dont flip it back all the way then sometimes they wont reset. try that, and also make sure this isnt in line with a gfi plug in kitchen that may be tripped, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Tried you recommendation. Does it appear to you that I will need a tech to come out?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well if you cant find the electrical problem to machine then you may have to call for an electrician, check the things I mentioned above first though, thanks Bryan.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
there is one thing you can do to check machine, get an old cord from lamp or something and wire it to the d/w white and black wire and plug it in and see if the lights come on , then you will know for sure its electrical.