Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a frigidaire upright freezer, it has started smoking,

Customer Question

I have a frigidaire upright freezer, it has started smoking, can this be fixed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
its probably your compressor relay , I need the model # XXXXX look up part and you can probably fix this yourself, the compressor has a start relay on the side this is what probably burned up. it happens allot on these , let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
model #lffh21f7hw, I did replace this part and it is still smoking and making a funny noise. Smells like something burning.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you replaced the relay and it still smokes? is the smoke and noise comming from compressor? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No it is not coming from compressor. I can't tell where it is coming from. I wondering it it can be fixed.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I would call for service because you may have a wiring issue, if its worth calling for service i would , I wouldnt leave it plugged in though, the only other thing I can think of is a bad wire somewhere underneath. wish I could help more but without knowing where its comming from I dont know what to tell you to look for. thanks Bryan