Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert

My microwave is not heating the food. The lights, fan, turntable

My microwave is not heating the food. The lights, fan, turntable and timer all work, but it has stopped heating the food. It was working ok when I fixed supper, but hasn't worked since.

hiCustomeri need to have some info,model#,age of the mw,was it making any labouring type sounds lately?

thx Randy

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Randy,

My microwave is a Kenmore Model #721.80012401, Serial #704TA02492. The manufacture date is April, 2007.

Ever since it was installed it has made thumping sounds while cooking, defrosting, etc. This time, while steaming some vegetables, the turntable actually tilted. I straightened it out and it continued cooking ok, but since then, it hasn't heated anything at all.

Help! I didn't realize how much I had come to depend on it everyday.

Hi sassy,if the mw is turning and programming the problem is going to be on the high voltage heating side of the mw,usually the magnetron ,capacitor either way it needs to be taken apart,microwaves require special testing due to the high voltage,some parts,the Magnetron are usually covered for a longer period ,you may want to look at your owners manual..but it needs to be taken apart unfortunately

thanks RANDY