I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

My bosch dishwasher does not empty properly at end of cycle,

My bosch dishwasher does not empty properly at end of cycle, no obvious blockage, in filter, hose or pump wheel. How do I mend it?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Can you tell me where I find this ? It only says BOSCH on the front.

Problem also I think may be intermittant. After dismantling the filters, last night it it worked properly but the previous 3 times it did not.

Hello
Welcome to Just Answer.
My name is Ican & I can assist you.

Here are the five suspected culprits that may be causing you the drainage problem.
Now to diagnoses these requires hands on service, and equipment!

These factors are regardless of what the model is!!

Defective Motor
The water pump is driven by the drive motor. If the motor is defective, the pump will not operate and the water will remain in the tub.

Defective Pump
Most but not all dishwashers incorporate a reversible motor. By using a pump impeller and wash impeller, the action of washing and draining is accomplished by the reversing of the motor. If the drain impeller in the pump is defective, the water will not drain. Check the pump impeller for proper operation

Defective Timer
The timer is a series of switches that controls all machine functions. If one of the contacts in the timer is defective, the machine will lose that function. knowledge of the the use of a vol/tohmmeter is essential to testing the timer as well as the ability to read the timer sequence chart that is supplied with the machine. In most cases this requires a professional technician.

Drain Line
Check the drain line for kinks. If the line checks out visually, it could be an obstruction in the line
.( <a href="../profile.aspx?PF=13591403&FID=51" target="_top"Customer
I understand you checked the train and the filters,
I just included all possibilities)

Garbage Disposal
If a garbage disposal has recently been installed, make sure the knock out for the dishwasher drain hose has been removed. You should also make sure that no items under the sink have been pushed into the drain hose. Any kink or crimp in the hose can cause it to stop draining.

Let me know how it goes
!

Please press the "Accept" button if my answer has helped.

This is the only way I get paid for providing my services.
You can still ask me questions after accepting!
Don't forget to leave feedback - bonuses are also welcome and appreciated!!!

100% customer satisfaction is my goal!!!

Thank you for using Just Answer.
Sincerely, Ican

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Unfortunately there is no label on either side of the door.

In the bottom is the filter in a hole with the drainage pipe to the left. I took out filter and removed the cover on the right and wiggled and spun a propeller like thing which i guess is part of the pump. When I had finished prodding it with my finger it would turn ok in both directions The propeller spins also now spins when I lift the float so i guess the pump kinda works? I am just running it again now to see if it works for a second time.

It is certainly pumping out mid operation now (which it was not, it would stop mid operation with the red "check water" light on).

A

You said,The propeller spins now spins when you lift the float so i guess the pump kinda works? You are just running it again now to see if it works for a second time.

Oh, Now we are getting somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!

Now I hear the problem!
When you touched the float for me I see it in my minds eye
!
When you lift the float the pump kind of works.
This sounds like a faulty float mechanism.
When it stopped mid operation with the red "check water" light on, this is one sign that float is not doing it's job.

Now that is evidence of the defective Float !

Who are you going to call?
I know of a nation wide service in the US.
A& E factory service
1800(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />

Let me know how it goes!

Don't forget to leave feedback - bonuses are also welcome and appreciated!!
!

Thank you for using Just Answer.
Sincerely, Ican

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I think the fiddling with it fixed it for now...so maybe was just something stuck in it. This cycle it emptied perfectly.

Thanks for your time and all your very useful advice.

I am in the UK not US so will find some one over here if it needs more heavy duty attention.

This is my first time on Just Answer, very impressed.

SYou said,This is my first time on Just Answer, very impressed.

Don't forget to leave me good feed back or ratings when asked !

Thank you for using Just Answer.
Sincerely, Ican