Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a 9 year old Jenn Air double oven mode lJJW9630AAB.

I have a 9 year old Jenn Air double oven mode lJJW9630AAB. I'm getting fault light F7 first and then side by side 2 F1 fault lights along with an alarm beep. I had just replaced the clock control panel. How bad is this problem? Is the whole system shorted out including the power relay boards?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
its sounds like your keypad is shorted , here is a site with all the codes for your oven, click here for link, http://www.repairclinic.com/0078.asp you probably need to replace the keypad in this, hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bryan,
I had already looked at the fault codes before I sent my note. One of them said that the power relay board(s) could also be shorted (said this for newer models). Don't know if my 9year old is considered "newer". I have already ordered a replacement keypad and was looking for some assurance that this would fix the problem and that didn't have a bigger problem. What do you thinK?

PS Who are the Vols goung to hire to replace Fulmer
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well the keypad is probably the problem anyway , that would be my guess, I replace more of these than power relay boards but its hard to say without being there, have you looked at the relay board? take a look usually you will see burnt diode or bad solder connection if thats the case. well just let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'll take alook at the board. I didn't even see them available to buy replacement PRBs. Can you tell me who sells them and the approx cost? If I have to replace this may more than I feel qualified to do. I really appreciate you help and if you can answr this I will accept ypou answer. Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well the best thing to do is call this guy, http://www.apconline.com/ he is very good at finding parts for almost anything, I use him all the time he's great , give him a call if anyone knows he will, thanks Bryan, p.s he knows what all the codes mean usually.