Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Replaced GE Profile washer control board because touch panel

Customer Question

Replaced GE Profile washer control board because touch panel was not responding, now with the new control panel in, the bottom row of LED lights are blinking and touch pad still not responding. Is there a reset switch I should push or anything else I need to do to get it to start working? Washer Model # XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
is this the part you replaced? click here, http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=1063686&PPStack=1 let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes, exactly
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
sorry just got back from work .ok is there water in it? why did you replace control board to start with? your lid switch may be bad. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There is about 1/4 inch of water in the tub. The reason I replaced the control board is because the control pad was not responding no matter what button I pushed on the touch pad, and the led lights where stuck on a wash cycle that would not start, with the lid open or closed. Thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
do you have a volt meter? you need to check your lid switch and see if its good. if you replaced board it has to be eather the lid switch or pressure switch. there isnt much else but a capacitor and the motor, but its unlikely these would cause the board not to respond. the lid switch resets the board and sends power to start machine, its seems like a lid switch problem. let me know , Bryan, one other thing is the pressure switch. this is the pressure switch this may be bad , pull the hose off and blow into it and you should hear it click. this also tells board machine is empty and to reset for spin. this may be stuck if you take hose off and release pressure it may reset the board.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you,

How do I test the lid switch with the ohm meter?

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you have to trace the wires and find plug if there is one on this , unplug it and put meter in the two holes in the plug that goes to the switch, with the lid closed you should get continuity if you do your switch is good.