Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my washer just stopped. it wont allow me to reset or select

Customer Question

my washer just stopped. it won't allow me to reset or select other cycles or anything. it won't start a cycle either. I unplugged it to see if it would reset that way, but it won't do anything. What can I do? Kenmore model #11044182400, serial # XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you may have a door switch assembly , this is the door switch, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=its hard to say for sure these machines are very complicated. if you tip machine back you will see three scews holding bottom panel on remove these and remove panel and there should be a service manual inside the bottom in a plastic bag stuck to the side, this will tell you how to put machine into diagnostic mode. run the test and it should tell you whats wrong. if the test mode wont run you need to call for service.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you! Although the part you showed a picture of was not the part that my washer has, I was able to tinker with the switch and the washer now works just fine. Because I live in a very remote area, you just saved me a few hundred dollars just for the service call, let alone parts and labor. Thanks again. I will recommend this site to other people who live in this remote area.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
your very welcome and I,m glad you got it running , its usually got to do with the door switches on these,well wishes and thanks, Bryan