Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Caloric gas range Model RSR364. The oven does not

I have a Caloric gas range Model RSR364. The oven does not have temperature control. It takes a long time to heat up after it is turned on and then it overheats.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
how do you mean it doesnt have a temperature control? is it just the knob thats missing? this is an old oven right? it says the control knob is no longer available. let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am sorry I was not clear. Knobs are OK. It overheats no matter what temperature the thermostat control knob is set at. Question 1: Is temperature controlled in this oven by flame size adjustment or by turning a standard size flame off and on the way most furnaces work?

What is the process to checkout and repair the problem? I have a wiring diagram but I do not have a repair manual.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no this has a thermostat that tell igniter to come on when you turn th knob and when it gets to temp. it tells the saftey to turn gas off then back on as needed, you need thermostat which is no longer available. you can keep looking but I dont know if you will find one. thanks Bryan