Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a maytag sg1000 stack washer dryer , my washer leaks

I have a maytag sg1000 stack washer dryer , my washer leaks out of the light hole when it goes into the rinse cycle or the spin cycle. Is it suppose to start to drain before the wash cycle ends or while the rinse or spin cycle starts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you look at these diagrams and tell me excactly where the water is comming from? click here!retrieveModelDetails.pd?modelNumber=SG1000&productCategoryId=0152000&brandId=3048&backToLink=Return%20to%20model%20list it shouldnt start to drain during wash cycle, it should stop agitating then go to drain and spin. let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the picture of the tub cover and water valve shows a small hole in the top front of the tub 2 inches wide by 1 inch height light bulb mounts just above the hole . The wash cycle ends everything stops panel then shows it is going into the rinse cycle the motor starts to turn the agitator and the water begins to churn in a counter clock wise direction and begins to flow out of the tub where the light hole is . Dont know if the pump is weak or what to check, how fast should the washer drain? Is the motor not geting power to run the pump at the right time? What do I need to Check please help
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
first thing to check is to make sure your drain hose isnt kinked, I see this allot, and this machine does start to spin when it goes to drain, it sounds like the water isnt draing quick enough before the tub raises water level when spinning. this has two belts on it and one runs the pump and one runs the spin , these may need to be replaced. the pupm belt is probably streched out and slipping and not drianing fast enough. you need to replace both to get this right, they are very easy to replace just tip machine back and you will see the belts undreneath, hope this helps Bryan