Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE side by side fridge that is not cooling. The fan

I have a GE side by side fridge that is not cooling. The fan is running and stops when I move the temp control to zero. the compressor is very hot. I unplugged it for four hours and plugged it back in and heard a single click followed by a high pitch noise then a 2nd click and still not cooling. Any thoughts?
you most likely have a bad mother board. thats the clicking you hear. it runs everything including the condenser fan which cools compressor, if you get me model # XXXXX'll send you info on part. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the model is a GE tfx22crbaaa
well this model is older and doesnt have a board (good news) I suspect the clicking is your compressor relay, this is your relay , Part 305898its located on the side of compressor remove the back panel over comporessor and listen to the compressor when it trys to start, let me know if thats where the clicking is from. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes it is clicking right around the compressor ball so to speak. this time it click 4 or 5 times with no high pitch noise just a few clicks.
ok you need to replace the relay and overload, click here to see parts. you need part# XXXXX and part# XXXXX if you replace these and the compressor doesnt start then you have a bad compressor. usually this will fix it though, let me know , link. thanks Bryan