Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Own a Maytag Plus side by side Model RSW2400E, installed Oct.

Own a Maytag Plus side by side Model RSW2400E, installed Oct. 1997 - water & ice in freezer door - the last couple of days there has been a build up of ice behind the back wall which protrudes out from above the bottom shelf of the freezer. Is there something we can do or should we have a repairman come out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well the first thing you need to do is take the rear panel off freezer section and take a hair dryer and defrost all the coils. the good news is you probably only have a defrost problem.when you get the back panel off let me know if theres allot of frost on all the coils, you may have a bad defrost timer or defrost thermostat. not expensive if you fix yourself.let me know , Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you so much we will let you know if we need further help. If we need further help do we have to pay again?

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
no problem just let me know. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Do I have to pay again if we have more questions?

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you just need to press the accept button, I believe its green you can still come back and ask me more if you need. , thanks Bryan