Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my microwave oven whirlpool model mh3184xp has a f2 malfunction.

my microwave oven whirlpool model mh3184xp has a f2 malfunction. what is this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I will try to get you an answer to this later today,I have to do some work this morning , please be patient,need to call warehouse on this, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I sent a question 2 days ago and still have no answer. will you please follow up
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
sorry I had talked to the warehouse on this and all they come up with from whirlpool is to hold the cancel button in for 5 secounds and it should go away, they dont really say what causes it though, i would think its the board if you try this anmd it comes back up. let me know ,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I do that and it stops for about a minute and starts back. the power level counts down and you can't push any keys (they don't register)
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

I think you have a bad control board, this part is expensive though, you may want to consider new microwave. these have come down in price and you may be better off replacing. the control is around $140.00 heres a site to see part. http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?item=8205379&brand=WPL hope this helps , thanks Bryan