Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

My washing machine will not go into the spin cycle and will

My washing machine will not go into the spin cycle and will not drain the water.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

The first thing we would check (especially on a top load washer) would be the lid switch. It is very common for this to be the cause of a problem like this (Whirlpools, Kenmores and others).

Please post the model number of the washer from the cabinet. You will find it either under the lid or behind the door (front load washer) in the crevice on the cabinet.

bernie

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
MODEL # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN WHIRLPOOL ULTIMATE CARE 2

HICustomer

From the information that you have given, I recognize it to be a top load washer.

Check the lid switch to see if it clicks. Next check it with an ohm meter to be sure that it opens and closes the circuit.

Please recheck the the model number and I can give you specifics. I think you have posted the serial number.

Let me know if you would like more information and/or clarification.

bernie

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The model # XXXXX XXXXX Sorry , I do not have an ohm meter. My wife reported hearing a loud thud when machine malfunctioned.

HiCustomer

The lid switch is still what you want to check. The loud thud could point to a couple of other items.

Do you wish to troubleshoot and repair yourself? Are you able to borrow or purchse a multi-meter? They go for less than $20.00 or so at most hardware stores.

That model number is XXXXX not looking correct. It could be LSQ.... but the numbers don't come up right either and I wasn't able to guesestimate them.

bernie

bernie

Experience: 27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances