Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

3 of my 5 burner Thermadore dont light The igniter is

3 of my 5 burner Thermadore don't light The igniter is
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you give me a liitle more info, you say the igniter is.. and then you stop , what is the igniter doing? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

BRYAN, I WAS CUT OFF PREVIOUSLY, THE 5 BURNER THERMADOR HAS 3 BURNERS OUT. THE

IGNITERS ARE WORKING---THROWING A SPARK TO EACH BURNER HEAD INDIVIDUALLY WHEN THE KNOB IS TURNED --BUT NO GAS IS FLOWING AND OF COURSE THE BURNER DOES NOT

IGNITE. I DON'T KNOW IF THE GAS VALVES ARE BAD OR POTENTIOMETER IS NO FUNCTIONAL.

PLEASE ADVISE AS I WOULD

LIKE TO REPAIR THIS MYSELF.

TOM TADSEN

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
check your burners , they sometimes get clogged up the little hole on the sides that feed the gas to the main part of the burners may have soot in them , take a needle can clear them before going any further. can you light these with a match? did these all go out at once? or did they go out one at a time at different times.? also can you get me model # ? thankls Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

BRYAN,

THE MODEL NUMBER ON THE THERMADOR STOVETOP UNIT IS SGCS365RS. TWO OF THE

BURNERS HAVE BEEN NON FUNCTIONAL FOR ABOUT A YEAR. THEY BOTH SPARK BUT NO GAS FLOW IN HEARD AND THESE TWO BURNERS WILL NOT LIGHT MANUALLY. THE OTHER BURNER

WHICH JUST RECENTLY FAILED WILL LIGHT MANUALLY WITH A MATCH AND GAS FLOW IS HEARD.

THIS BURNER CLICKS LIKE THE OTHER TWO BUT NO SPARK IS SEEN. ALL 3 BURNERS CLICK

BUT ONLY ONE HAS GAS FLOW. ITS SOUNDS LIKE I MIGHT HAVE 2 PROBLEMS GOING ON.

PLEASE ADVISE..

TOM TADSEN

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
this is probably one of your problems,Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= with the ones thats spark but you dont see. they crack and the spark jumps under burner somewhere instead of up top where it should, new ones of these will remedy one problem, the other problem could be this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is the ventura were the gas comes out . these should be checked by a tech. I wouldnt recomend attempting to repair these yourself,also allot of the parts for this are no longer available. heres a site you can go to for parts, http://www.repairclinic.com/Home.aspx thats all I can do from here , hope this helps, Bryan