The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a Bosch HGS7282UC gas range, the oven door does not

I have a Bosch HGS7282UC gas range, the oven door does not shut tight on the top, it causes the front panel and cook top controls to get up to 400 degrees!! this is the second range I have had because the first one (2 weeks old) was doing the same thing, the dealer tried to adjust the door then replaced the hinges and then replaced the door. They then talked Bosch into giving me a new range but now 3 months later it is doing the same thing. Is there anything I can do??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

If the unit is doing the same thing that the last one did I suggest that you call the manufacturer and tell them to bring out another one. Or better yet tell them to bring out a diffrent model as it is apparent that this one is seriously flawed in its design.

Do not accept another model of the same series. Demand that they provide you with a model thatr is comparable in price and features or greater.

It is you that are being inconvienienced here. Make sure that they know this, and do not let them for one minuet make it sound like you are being unfair, or that you are in any way, form, shape, or fasion in the wrong.

If they balk at replacing the unit then ask to speak to that persons superior. Keep doing this untill you get the answer that you want. Write down every persoins name that you speak to and a summery of the conversation after the conversation is over.

Be persistant. Call multiple times a day if you need to.

Remember that the squeeky wheel gets the oil. So squeek loudly and often.

Some things you should know about Just Answer-

You may ask all the questions you need to as long as it pertains to this subject.

Clicking on the accept button will not end your question session. What it does do is transfer the funds to me for answering your question.

You must click on "I accept this answer" for this to happen. If you do not, I am not paid.

You may continue to ask questions until your problem is solved or you are satisfied with the results of our communications.

Thank you for using justanswer.com.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

Please be sure to leave positive feedback after you accept. This is very important to us.

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances