Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

F35 error code on a Whirlpool Duet steam washer. Also immediately

Customer Question

F35 error code on a Whirlpool Duet steam washer. Also immediately has a SUD error within the first 2 minutes of cycle. Using very very little soap. Using HE soap as recommeded. Washer is exactly 1 year old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using Both of these fault codes point to a pressure switch issue. If you remove the top panel, three screws in the back, you will have access to the pressure switch. With the tub empty, remove the vinyl hose from the switch and blow backwards through the hose to clear any restrictions. If the fault codes return after diong this, you will likely need to replace the pressure switch.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your advise. I had a repair guy here days ago and he said he didn't know what to do and that "he would call soon" and promptly left. I am currently buried in dirty laundry awaiting his stupid call. yeesh!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 years ago.
Wait no more! Do the "hose thing" and that will hopefully take care of the problem. Keep me posted!