Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a Maytag Gemini Range, Model MER6772BAS. We came home

We have a Maytag Gemini Range, Model: MER6772BAS. We came home after being gone a couple of days and the control panel was off. (It appeared that the power had gone out because the clock on a separate microwave was flashing.) We don't appear to have any power to the control panel, although the range burners do work. We can't turn on the ovens, because they are controlled by the panel. Is there a reset button somewhere? I checked the breakers at my electrical panel and they were OK. I did flip them off and then on again, but it didn't have any effect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
sounds like you had a quick power outage that may have affected the control board. was the breaker tripped when you got home? there are allot of things that could have happened to this, do you have a volt meter and know how to use it? I have to step out for a bit but will be back in an hour or so let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The breaker was not tripped.

I don't have a voltage meter.

As a side note, I have been told that my electrical panels are Zinsco panels and should be replaced. They were installed when the house was built in 1979.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

ok there is a thermal kit in this, also the clock may have a problem, and this has a transformer that runs clock , thats why you need a meter to check these things, you dont just want to start replacing things in this because its expensive for parts.I dont believe you have a breaker problem at this point because you say the burners work. I would recomend calling for service unless you have a friend that has and knows how to use volt meter.the clock is almost $300.00 alone so you dont want to make a mistake on this. let me know Bryan. p.s. click here to see parts.