John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

my washer wont drain all the way

Customer Question

my washer wont drain all the way
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

the make and model 3 please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I JUST GOT A BRAND NEW GE TOP LOAD WASHER AND THE WATER WILL NOT DRAIN ALL THE WATER OUT OF IT. THE WASHER IS IN MY BASEMENT AND THE DRAIN LINE FOR THE WASHER IS RAN UP THE WALL. DOES THIS EFFECT THE DRAINING OF THE WASHER. THE MANUAL SAYS THAT IT SHOULD BE LESS THEN 8FT FROM THE FLOOR IN ORDER TO DRAIN PROPERLY. MY OLD WASHER NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Hi how high up is the drain line on the wall
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WELL THE DRAIN LINE STARTS ABOUT 3-4FT FROM THE FLOOR AND GOES TO THE CEILING. NOW THERE IS A CHECK VALVE BETWEEN THE PVC AND THE CONECTION FOR THE WASER DRAIN HOSE.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
hi .the older washers, the pump was belt driven. so a good pump out. now most of them are electric. so not enough force to do the job, in your case. its way too high. if you install a wash tub, and a sump pump, under the sink, to pump it out, that will work. if I answered you question. please accept. and a positive feed back is important. THE APPLIANCE DOC
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO THE OLD WASHER WAS NOT BELT DRIVEN
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
hi on a G E that pump is weak . very small impeller. it wont do the job I know i repair G E all the time . please accept. you can ask as many questions as it takes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

1 MORE ? BEFORE I EXCEPT. WHAT WASHER WILL DO THE JOB?

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
hi if you can find a older maytag. at a good price. buy it. its the best washer ever made, but not the new ones
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

CAN I BUILD A PLATFORM TO RAIS UP THE WASER SO IT DRAINS RIGHT

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
you can check for a kinked hose , you can check the pump make sure it clear, first then see what happens. thanks the appliance doc please accept