Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag MFD2560HEB refrigerator that is about 4 years

I have a Maytag MFD2560HEB refrigerator that is about 4 years old. Today, the upper part, the refrig, stopped cooling. The freezer (below) seems to be still quite cold. I cannot feel any cold air in the refrig part, and can't find where the evaporator fan is located. I am hoping that the fan bearings are stuck and I might be able to fix it. Is this reasonable? How do I get to it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
let me check the model # XXXXX this , some of these have bad boards in them, can you tell me if you see any frost on the back panel inside the freezer section , move your food and look real good. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is one of the models that has problems with the control board. this board controls entire ref. including defrost and fan, this is probably your problem, i did one of these two weeks ago. its tuff to get to though without breaking the plastic that holds it in. this is located where your controls are in ref. section , in fact it comes with led readouts that you set your temp. with,
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is what your board looks like. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=