Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How do I remove the cover over the water and ice outlet in

How do I remove the cover over the water and ice outlet in the freezer door on a General Electric GSS22JF refridgerator in order to replace the ice dispenser rubber flap?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is really easy the part on the front with the control buttons snaps right off , just take a small screw drive and pry out at the bottom and this will come right off, then you will see 4 screws on the part under that take those out and that part will come out also the you can get at the flap. also on the right side top once you get it appart check and make sure the soleniod that opens flap isnt rusted and stuck , this happens all the time, as a matter of fact I did one of these this morning , heres a picture of the control you take off first. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= hope this helps, thanks Bryan, p.s. heres the soleniod, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=