Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag MAV9501EWW top load washer. Sometimes during

I have a Maytag MAV9501EWW top load washer. Sometimes during the spin cycle (light, medium or heavy load) it shakes violently and walks away from the wall. It is level (side to side and front to back). I inspected the inside (dropped the front panel). Everything looked fine except there were some very fine white plastic shavings in a circle on the bottom of the base, just inside the tension springs circle. Thank you.............Dan
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
they have snubbers in some of these machines and sometimes they ware down and the tub gets moving to much also some have balance rings on inner tub, give me a little while I'm working right now but will check model later, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I will wait for your more detailed answer........Dan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
thank Dan, I should be back within an hour. Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I will look forward to your answer...........Dan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Hi I'm back . ok this is your snubber ring it goes between the tub and the bottom assembly to keep machine from getting out of control in spin, the base of the tub basicly sits on this and the spring keep it down .check yours and see if your tub moves rela easy there should be some tention when moving, click here to bring up link, http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=1055142&PPStack=1 hope this helps, thanks BryanPart(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=