Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17years

I have a Whirlpool HT Duet washing machine and the control

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool HT Duet washing machine and the control light is lit stating that the control is locked. How do I unlock it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  stef replied 5 years ago.

Hello thanks for your question

does it not have a lock symbol on the controll panel if so hold it in for 5 seconds or until it unlocks. it also should show you in the owner manuel. if not then go to whirlpool.com and download it from their site

good luck stef

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The is no lock symbol on the control panel.

There is a "Control On" button and a "Hold to Start" and "Pause/Cancel" button.

If I press either one of the three and hold, nothing happens. If I press the "Hold to Start" and the "Pause/Cancel" at the same time, the "time remaining" digital readout lights up, and flashes as does the indicator light which in the turn dial is set to "normal", which apparently was the last setting it was used on.

Other suggestions.

ps...I did unplug the machine and that did not reset it either.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.

Other suggestions.

Expert:  stef replied 5 years ago.
what is your model #
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
GHW 9200 LW
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
GHW9200LW
Expert:  Brian replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Welcome to Just Answer.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

You will need to put the machine into diagnostic mode. If it won't enter diagnostic mode, than you will need to replace the main control board.

DIAGNOSTIC TEST

The washer must be empty and the control must be in the OFF state before pressing the touch-pad sequence to start the test.

Starting the Test Mode:

1. Close the door.
  2. Push CONTROL/ON (if present on this model).
  3. Select the DRAIN/SPIN cycle.
  4. Select NO SPIN by pressing the SPIN SPEED touch-pad.
  5. Push PREWASH OPTION four times within five seconds. (If PREWASH OPTION is not present on this model, press EXTRA RINSE four times within five seconds.) C:00 will light up on the display.

If the Starting procedure fails, push the PAUSE/CANCEL touch-pad, then repeat the starting procedure.

Test Program Control:

In order to advance to the next step of the test procedure, push PREWASH OPTION touch-pad two times. If PREWASH OPTION is not present on this model, press EXTRA RINSE two times.

If you need further help or clarification on this answer, please do not hesitate to reply to this post.

Thanks for asking your question at Just Answer.

Best of Luck, Brian

Please leave feedback at your convenience.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Brian,

Thanks.

It just isn't doing a thing. I can't get the control/on to do anything, so I'm assuming that the control board is out.

is it an easy repair for me to do, or do I need a technician to come out.

If it is easy, where do I get the control board?

Jeremy

Expert:  Brian replied 5 years ago.

The average DIY can do this.

Click here to view the part; they often come with directions.

Best of Luck, Brian

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks. How do I get the old one off. I'm afraid to pull to hard and break something. I only see a screw where the soap drawer pulls out.

Jeremy

Expert:  Brian replied 5 years ago.

You have to remove the top panel first. Then to remove the control panel you will need to undo some screws, as shown below, and then the control panel slides up and out. Be sure to secure this panel because if it slops around, you could damage some delicate ribbon connectors.

graphic

Click here for service manual, which should help you further, if you need it.

Best of Luck, Brian

Brian, Architect
Experience: Licensed Architect- 17years