Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Jenn-Air Gas grill that the igniter has stopped working.

I have a Jenn-Air Gas grill that the igniter has stopped working. I have replaced the battery but it still doesn't click or ignite .
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
check for corrosion where battery goes in, also can you get me model#? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Model JA460P , I have checked for corrosion and the terminals are clean. I have pulled the igniter out and it is a Quikliter 1740-38, MARK 8-4-1.5-T5B. Should I just replace the igniter and since I bought this grill at Lowes will they carry the spare part?

Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well to be honest your better off replacing igniter and getting it over with, have you check to make suer there are to wires off,? lowes may have the igniter for this they carry allot of parts for grills usually. also you may want to check sears for part, Iwill do some further research when I get back to my office, I may have service manual there. thanks Bryan