Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The Kenmore Spacesaver Model 417.94812301 is a terrible design.

The Kenmore Spacesaver Model 417.94812301 is a terrible design. We struggled for almost one hour to accomplish what should be a simple task: replacing a burned out light bulb in the dryer. Does anyone have a secret method or instrument that makes this easier? Unless there is a huge improvement in design, I will NEVER buy this brand again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yeah these are a pain in the neck.its up in the front of the dryer up top near the door right? this should be the one Right? Part 780103 the plastic cover has clips holding the light cover on have you got that off ? this should be easy but its not its in an awkward place and you cant see it very good.can you tell me if this is where your light is, click here let me know ,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We think my husband figured it out--finally--but I still think it's a very user-unfriendly design. Does the entire assembly, including the gray plastic insert, come out? That would make it easier.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I dont believe so just the cover. this is very user unfriendly, allot of dryers have the lights in the back of drum so you can see them and get at them, well wishes, thanks Bryan