Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Just accepted Bryans suggestion of a lid switch for my whirlpool

Just accepted Bryans suggestion of a lid switch for my whirlpool washer GST9679PW1 model, it works now. But as I attempted to restab back in place using a floor dolly, the balance in spin cycle is erratic and completely out of balance ( which wasn't before). Please suggest what I can do to correct the balance situation. It makes some real crazy sounds as it is spinning empty.
Hi this is Bryan, I've been having internet problems all day. what has happened.? did you move machine and now its out of balance? when you replaced the switch what did you do to get at it? the back legs on these machines are automatic adjust by tipping machine forward and setting it back down, sometimes the legs in the rear get stuck and dont come down just use a hammer and tap the legs and they should come down , let me know , Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am sorry about pay, I did accept in an earlier email. I am not sure what is happening. Please let me know if you get pd. After installing lid switch I ran washer in spin cycle (empty) to see if it would run okay, well it almost came apart. There is now a severe unbalancing problem. Ck'd springs all in place, ck'd pads all there intact. What I did was put washer on a floor dolly to stab it back into closet, I think that is where the problem started. I just don't know what else to ck for. It is just about to come apart with obvious balancing problems. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank youCustomer
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I did do the back legs, but to no avail I have not been successful at remeding the situation at all. Boy do I need help
when you installed switch did you remove the cabinet to do it? there is a balance ring on the top off the tub that may have come loose.does the cabinet seem loose now? click here to see tub assemly and balance ring # XXXXX on diagram, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/ getSubComp.pd?modelNumber=GST9679PW1&productCategoryId=0153200&brandId=1198&modelName=RESIDENTIAL-WASHER&diagramPageId=00003&componentDescription=AGITATOR,%20BASKET%20AND%20TUB%20PARTS&documentId=W0410165&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components%20list let me know exsactly what you did to replace the switch itself. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bryan,
Good Morning, the cabinet shows no indication of it being loose. I was online trying to see what I could come up with and found some info on a stablizer. It instructed to remove motor and pump, then place something to hold up tub and then replace motor and pump. What do you think of that.

Now, I removed cabinet as instructed removed top part, then I tilted cabinet away from frame, had no problems. I have since replaced it a few times. There was a gap between frame and tub before I even started project. So, I am not clear at what ring you are talking about. I will look at the link you suggested. thanksCustomer
ok get back to me later I'm working right now but should be back in my office after lunch, thanks Bryan