stef, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 years experience specialising in fixing what others can't. I find the problem and fix it

RE Kenmore Elite Microwave #721.63664300 showing an F9 error When

Customer Question

RE: Kenmore Elite Microwave #721.63664300 showing an F9 error
When starting the microwave a "clicking" sound is heard and then it shuts off after about 6 seconds and a "F9"error is displayed.
Replaced the Door Switch Assy (bar including all three switches) and didn't make a difference.
Then it was suggested, on this site, to replace the "Pcb assy sub power, control board" (to right of door behind front panel), which I have done and still have the same problem.
The only other problem I have had with this unit was approx. six months ago when I replaced the "Pcb sub assembly, inverter" (lower right rear corner) and the "Noise Filter Board" (which the fuse is on) and it has been working fine until now.
Looking for any comments, suggestions and/or solutions. Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  stef replied 7 years ago.

Hello thanks for your question

It sounds like its the main board unfortunately kenmore does not give out any of their fault codes code i suggest to call sears or LG . this unit might be at the end of its life. this microwave was built by LG

Good luck stef if this helped please accept