Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Frigidaire range (stove) and last night I turned it

I have a Frigidaire range (stove) and last night I turned it on for fixing dinner and the lights on the back board did not come on and the eyes did not heat. Today we took the back off to look at it (it is 8 years old) and the plug looks good and all the connections on top look good however, there is a white wire, red wire, green wire and a black wire coming from the plug and the black wire is fried. What could have caused that? and is it smart to replace the whole plug system or should we look into something different? Thanks - can't afford a new one - hope we can fix this one!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
alot of times the reason this happens is because the range cord wasnt tight and it arks and thats when the wires get hot and fry.changin the wire and making sure the connections are tight it should be alright if there are no other problems. check real good and make sure the switches up top are ok and not burnt.. let me know , thanks Bryan