Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i need a wiring diagram for a Whirlpool electric drop-in range

Customer Question

i need a wiring diagram for a Whirlpool electric drop-in range Model# XXXXX Any help would be much appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

The schematics for these machines were usually attached to the cabinet. You may find it either under the unit or (if you can remove it from the cabinet) behind it.

If that does not work Whirlpool Support may be able to get it for you. You can send an email from the link below and they will get back to you within 48 hours.

http://www.whirlpool.com/custserv/email_form.jsp

You can also try to phone them direct. However, this is sometimes more time consuming (waiting for them) and they may have to get back to you anyway.

Call 1-866-698-2538

I hope this helps. You can post back to this question for any follow up. Please do not click accept if you do not find this information has helped you.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I know that there should be a wiring diagram attached to the unit,but

I am hoping to avoid having to take it out. I had hoped that someone would have access to a drawing maybe from a catalog. Whirlpool themselves have been no help whatsoever. If you have a drawing, that's what I need.

HiCustomer

I don't have access to that diagram. I will opt out out of this question and that will flag it for other experts to focus on. If someone else has the diagram they will be able to respond.

Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Hi this is Bryan,Bernie was trying to help you but I see He's not able to find diagram for wiring,I will try to find it for you,how old is this range? what is it you need to wire? let me know , Thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The drop in range/oven is approximately 25 yrs. old. It is a whirlpool brand with pull out burner modules that can be interchanged with a dropin grilling module. The trouble is acually with the oven selector switch, which has burnt up. Whirlpool nor Sears no longer make the part. I have 2 other switches that I acquired that I can use( I'll only have bake or broil) as an option which is fine with me. The original has timed bake, preheat , clean, etc.... which I don't need. I have a rusty working knowledge of electrical trouble shooting, but having the schematic would be a tremendous help. The switches I can use are dual contact, so I would be able to bake or broil. The model# XXXXX XXXXX No one in this area can help me, so any help would be appreciated. I know this seems like a lot for an old stove, but I just need it to work for 10 more mo.'s. Thanks, Blake
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
call this guy on monday between 9-6 eastern standard time. he may know someone you can get parts for this from , i realy cant tell you how to hook up new switch without wiring diagram , i wish i could do more sorry, let me know Bryan. call appliance parts center at 1-800-540-0800 well wishes , thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.